• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The review nobody wants to do! (1 Viewer)

bruleke

Hi guys!

This is a small review of my chinese binos!

Ok ok, no one is worried about them, no one will ever buy them.
But maybe, if you dont have more than 30 dollars but still wants to get the world closer to you, these binoculars are the way to go :king:

Brand
Its writen GALILEO, which is a good (not excelent, I'd say) brand, but honestly, they are fake...

Magnification
Seriously, I have no idea! Take a look at the pictures, you will see that its written 99990x9990 on the binoculars. This is crazy, of course and a little bit funny. I gues these binos have 7 or maybe 8 times of magnification

Chromatic aberration
I had a Barska 10x50 Wide view which had the same CA as these binos. The sweet spot is small. I would say mid-big CA.

Clear view and I say more: this pair has clearer view than my ex-Barska 10x50 wide view. Yes, thats true. I see no problem with them since they cost me about 20-30 dollars.

FOV
VEEEEEEERY narrow! And it looks like you are seeing 2 big circles instead of one.

Weight
700gr. approximadetly

Objective lens
Any coating? I dont think so. It has an eagle on the lens hahaha! And its written Made in Russia - ok ok I believe...
Well, they are 50mm large.

Eyepieces
Now, they have some bubbles. You know what I mean... little bubbles. These binos are old, like 10 years old. Oh, it has diopter adjustment. Thats good, but they are not so good...

I like them! Actually they are the only pair I have until this moment. I've had other binoculars like Zhumell 25x100 which is really good (and heavy, thats why I sold). If you dont have money, take a chinese pair of binoculars. Nowadays there are some good brands like Celestron which costs 35 dollars approximadetly.

Thats it.

Hope no one comes here shooting me just because I am recommending a chinese pair instead an alpha! Remember: I am doing it just because nobody else did and for the ones who doesnt have much money.

Some pictures :)

Bye bye!

Attachments

• DSC01185.jpg
    DSC01185.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC01186.jpg
    DSC01186.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC01187.jpg
    DSC01187.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC01188.jpg
    DSC01188.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC01189.jpg
    DSC01189.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 156
Bruno...

Nice review. I also liked the links at the bottom of the review to your terrace. However, I am wondering, have you done all of those "post-it" things-to-do yet? ;)

...Bob
Kentucky, USA

I find any binocular provides better bird watching than no binoculars.

I appreciat the views I had with the first $25 pair of Tasko’s that eventually took me to the wonders of bird watching which is priceless. So in my mind my $25 bins were fantastic decision.

Thanks for the review and photos.

There is a little shop where I get my knives sharpened. He sells all manner of cutlery and some other sorts of "stuff". The last time I was there, he had some of these (or near enough to be siblings). I was just glad my optic nerve still worked after giving them a look ;). Do yours have a diopter adjustment? The ones I looked at did not.

At least your en route ZEN ED will not have much competition.

Thank you for posting. It is nice to have things put into perspective at times.

A couple months ago I saw a nice deal on a pair of inexpensive Bushnell 10x42 roofs from one of the popular photo retailers. I was going to buy 10 or 12 of them to donate to the local nature center. They went a "better" route eventually but I did order one to evaluate before placing the larger order. The optics were "ok" in the grand scheme of things. If I was unaware of some of the other optical choices out there I think they would have been perfectly serviceable binoculars.

I ended up giving them to my neighbor so he could use them for hunting and just general nature observation. You should have seen his face when I handed them over to him and he took a look through them. He was extremely happy. He had been using those inexpensive little 8x21 (Tasco, Simmons, Bushnell) models that I am sure you all know. The step up to the 10x42 Bushnell was like a light bulb going on for him.

Not a bad $20 spent and they came the day after I ordered them...free shipping.

;)

Bruno...

Nice review. I also liked the links at the bottom of the review to your terrace. However, I am wondering, have you done all of those "post-it" things-to-do yet? ;)

...Bob
Kentucky, USA

Hahaha!
They are more like "rules to remember"!
Today I have about 20. Sometimes I stick more than 50!

Its a very good way to learn and dont forget to me :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back