• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler World (1 Viewer)

RudeRat

My wife and I parked on the side of the road leaning against the truck in the Chippewa national forest in northern Minnesota. In 30 minutes we saw the Blackburnian, Magnolia, Nashville, yellow, black-throated green, and yellow-rumped Warblers, a yellow bellied sapsucker, 12-15 red crossbills, American redstart, black-capper Chickadee and a pileated woodpecker. 5 or 6 others we could not identify. We nicknamed the location Warbler World. Very exciting for a couple of new birders.

My wife and I parked on the side of the road leaning against the truck in the Chippewa national forest in northern Minnesota. In 30 minutes we saw the Blackburnian, Magnolia, Nashville, yellow, black-throated green, and yellow-rumped Warblers, a yellow bellied sapsucker, 12-15 red crossbills, American redstart, black-capper Chickadee and a pileated woodpecker. 5 or 6 others we could not identify. We nicknamed the location Warbler World. Very exciting for a couple of new birders.

It's a great time of year to be looking at birds - lots of fun with all the warblers coming through! Some find it too much, but I really enjoyed getting a copy of The Warbler Guide (Stephenson & Whittle) last year. (Your library might have a copy too.) Once I got started on warblers a bit more seriously, it made glimpses a lot more identifiable.

Welcome to BF from another Minnesotan |=)|

Gosh!!! What a great day out you had RR.

Spring is a great time to be out, as the trees aren't in full leaf and it makes spotting the little blighters a bit easier.

It's a day that will surely live on in your memories for years.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back