• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Nikon for Digiscoping ? (1 Viewer)

I don't know. There's an adapter made by Nikon - UR-E15 that attaches to the camera and provides it with a 28mm thread. There's another adapter - UR-E14 that provides it with a 52mm thread. There are many adapters/rings that can help from this point to connect it to your scope.

Thanks Yossi. I found this info at www.scopetronix.com: This might do it ? How is the battery life for the camera ? Should I get some spares ?

Solution(s) for attaching a Nikon Coolpix 8400 to a Leica spotting scope:
***For your setup, we recommend the MaxView-L eyepiece and the Attachment Kit #89. The MaxView-L is a unique 40mm eyepiece that is designed to help reduce vignetting, an effect similar to looking through a straw. The Attachment Kit #89 is needed to attach the Nikon Coolpix 8400 to the "T" thread on the top of the MaxView-L.

Description
Item #
Price

ScopeTronix MaxView-L
STMVL
$169.95

ScopeTronix Attachment Kit #89
STAK89
$60.00

The battery can last for 200-300 pictures, depending how much you use the monitor. I have an extra battery.
Maxview L is not a must. It's just another eyepiece - and if you already have one - it is not needed. On one hand, this EP allows a very wide angle of view, and allows for some zoom out, on the other hand, it has low magnification. If the scope is of a ~440mm focal lenghth, this EP will give you an 11 fold magnification (440:40). This will result in a maximal combined focal length of 85mmx11= 935mm, which is a bit short for digiscoping far birds, but is great for other objects.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back