• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why does Nikon make the best binoculars in the world? (1 Viewer)

Dennis
You're hardly worth the effort to even respond to anymore. Seems like with each passing moment you try a little harder to convince us all you actually have something worthy of enunciation, but with little success .
Yawnnn! Wake me up when you finally resolve your childhood issues and cease needing to be the center of attention.

"Layed"?? Speak much English, or just learning?

You can't argue with me intelligently so all you can do is poke holes in some misspelling. I will tell you what I know it hurts you can't afford an EDG so I will send you a picture of MY EDG and you can put it under your pillow at night and dream. Maybe the tooth fairy will bring you one. HeHe.

You can't argue with me intelligently so all you can do is poke holes in some misspelling. I will tell you what I know it hurts you can't afford an EDG so I will send you a picture of MY EDG and you can put it under your pillow at night and dream. Maybe the tooth fairy will bring you one. HeHe.

Yup, that should be the end of Dennis. Seriously.

Too bad you feel so driven to rely on this circus act to distract from your obvious lack talent in analyzing and reviewing binos and optical properties. Henry has had you pegged from the git go to his everlasting credit. I notice you don't seem to respond to my posts when I point out some of these delusionional and fictional posts you seem to subject us all to. Why is that ?

Tell us all some more fairy tales Dennis - I'm getting sleepy

Dennis
I think all those laxatives and colon cleansers you keep buying on ebay are starting to come out your head instead of the intended target;)

Too bad you feel so driven to rely on this circus act to distract from your obvious lack talent in analyzing and reviewing binos and optical properties. Henry has had you pegged from the git go to his everlasting credit. I notice you don't seem to respond to my posts when I point out some of these delusionional and fictional posts you seem to subject us all to. Why is that ?

Tell us all some more fairy tales Dennis - I'm getting sleepy

"I notice you don't seem to respond to my posts when I point out some of these delusionional and fictional posts you seem to subject us all to. Why is that ?"

They usually don't make any sense and as far as your posts go I really don't know much about the binoculars you review. Also, I don't TRUST your reviews after you raved about the Olympus 8x25 Roamer and then I buy one and the CPOS melts in the sun and then I had to fight with the place to get my money back. Never again. No more $50.00 CPOS for me! I will stick with my EDG's thank you.

Last edited:
"I notice you don't seem to respond to my posts when I point out some of these delusionional and fictional posts you seem to subject us all to. Why is that ?"

They usually don't make any sense and as far as your posts go I really don't know much about the binoculars you review. Also, I don't TRUST your reviews after you raved about the Olympus 8x25 Roamer and then I buy one and the CPOS melts in the sun and then I had to fight with the place to get my money back. Never again. No more $50.00 CPOS for me! I will stick with my EDG's thank you.

I guess you're right, as these fairy tales you spin didn't make much sense to me either

I think anyone that has the ability to read can go back to that thread as well as others, and see that the person raving about them and comparing them to alphas - was you! As you do when you buy many of the CPOS as you now call them.

As I recall, I called you a liar when you first said you had tested the Trackers - and you finally agreed that you hadn't had them. Then you finally bought some Trackers and started raving about them and trying to convince us all they were near alpha quality before the novelty wore off. I believe I disagreed with your review and position that they were alpha quality. But hey - another of your great reviews!

Since your memory seems to be failing you so badly, I'd be happy to go back and post your words for you in order to refresh that dimming memory.

Tom

"You can fool some of the people, some of the time."

I'm becoming ever-more grateful to this thread. It's Aversion Therapy for Binocular Obession. Keep it going, and I'll be cured in a week!;)

I post over at a "Philosophy and Psychology" forum and believe it or not this nonsense is fairly common fare. Like your Binocular Obsession cure I've been cured of my obsessions of ever believing that humanity is inherently rational or intelligent. I find an obsession about optics refreshing and fairly harmless.

Ever get any tin foil hat discussions over there ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

Bruce

I post over at a "Philosophy and Psychology" forum and believe it or not this nonsense is fairly common fare. Like your Binocular Obsession cure I've been cured of my obsessions of ever believing that humanity is inherently rational or intelligent. I find an obsession about optics refreshing and fairly harmless.

Getting a Nikon Monarch 8x42...improved through the years...is like driving a Toyota Corolla. Decent, not exciting. It will get you there.

Dennis (the manace?)

I try to entertain,as well as,educate. I am glad you are enjoying it. I am well known for starting some of the most fascinating and controversial threads on Bird Forum. If you want to learn the history of the binocular or study diagrams of optical systems go read Henry's threads or if you want to be educated on every model of vintage porro prism from the 80's go read Frank's threads. BORING!

I must agree Dennis you are entertaining
I like my Nikon 8x32 HGs they didn't seem too bad when I tried them against the EDG at an optics event. But of course street cred is higher with EDGs. Doubt the perceived optical superiority will improve my birdwatching ability in any case
Gosh 6 pages of responses and where is Brock?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back