• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Re bird feeders (1 Viewer)

Chris-Leeds

Hi all, I have a seed feeder from the RSPB with two of the feeder port perches that have broken off. I would like to replace these with the ring shaped perches and see no need to buy a new feeder. Does anyone know if these rings can be bought on their own?
Thanks,
Chris.

Hi Chris,

Not quite sure exactly which parts you mean, do you mean it's the rings you're looking to buy or perches? Or maybe rings with perches attached? How about taking a shot so it will explain it a bit better. Sorry if I'm missing something (be careful how you answer that bit!), but......

Sue.

Hi Chris im not sure what style of thing you mean why not post up a drawing to show us. i have dozens of feeder ports in stock if you want a couple.Its no probs. Or you could fabricate some thing. post up an explanation and we will see what we can do to help.

Hi all, I have a seed feeder from the RSPB with two of the feeder port perches that have broken off. I would like to replace these with the ring shaped perches and see no need to buy a new feeder. Does anyone know if these rings can be bought on their own?
Thanks,
Chris.

I have the same feeders and I don't think you will get new ones to replace them unless the makers can help you. If you get stuck you can drill a hole right through the feeder with an 1/8 or a 1/4 inch drill then stick a piece of round wood through leaving 2 inches sticking out each side of the feeder for the birds to stand on. It works OK, their not fussy and they don't know the differance.
Good luck and happy birding.
Jim

Hi Chris,

I have feeders with ring perches. I got them from CJ Wildlife and suggest that you might contact them to see whether 'spares' are available; they may be quite expensive if they are as they are quite complicated little things. Also there may be a problem with the feeder tube diameter, mine are 870mm (approx), whether they do narrower tubes with ring-perches I don't know.

Anyway try www.birdfood.co.uk or (better yet) ring 0800 731 2820.

I'd like to know what they say for future ref.

Bill.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I did contact CJ and they are sending me a couple of spares free of charge. Very kind of them to do so.
Chris.

Hi Chris,

Good stuff. I'm quite impressed with CJ; when I broke one of the screw-in adaptors for mounting feeders on poles they did the same, sent me a couple of freebies.

Still mildly surprised at the ring perchs being available as spares.

Bill.

The spares were actually the rod perches, I just forgot to mention that but they came this morning. I wanted to know about the ring perches so I could upgrade the feeder.
Chris.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back