• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

M42 screw fit Tele lens onto Fuji S7000? (2 Viewers)

Claymore

Hi All,
I have been given a 600mm Telephoto lens (Sigma) from a elderly family friend who cannot use his camera (poor eyesight) |=)| its in mint condition etc but its a M42 screw fit. Has anyone ever tried fitting a M42 fit lens to a Digital Bridge camera ie Like my Fuji S7000 with filter adaptor tube?
I would love to give it a try but if its pointless then i won't waste my time, i thought i could attach a 55 to 42 step ring. obviously i'd have to use manual focus. I have seen some of his photographs over the years and they are really good close-ups (using the Sigma lens)
Any ideas are welcome
Cheers
Brian

I don't think that it will work to just stick a regular SLR lens in front of another lens. Otherwise, folks wouldn't be buying things like the Olympus TCON-17 teleadapter, they'd just buy regular lenses, or use ones they already have. I never hear of anyone doing that.

Even if it did work, using a 42mm diameter lens in front of a 55mm diameter lens will cause a lot of vignetting.

Cheers Guys thought so, not to worry I'm buying an adaptor so i can try the Sigma on my EOS (once i have given it a dust!)
Has anyone tried the TCON 300s on a Fuji S7000 or similar? looks a nice piece of kit.
Why oh why do they keep bringing more gadgets out that we just need? twenty years ago i was very happy with my Sony Walkman (remember them?) and my Yashica FXD Quartz! even a pen and paper (what's that?) those were the days.
Another funny thing is i used to get paid £23.00 per week and i could run a motorbike, go out most nights, buy records and i still had a fiver left at the next payday! Today i get paid lots more cash but i'm always skint! (don't have a bike or go out to the pub everynight either)
And last of all Does anyone remember Those bloody Clackers!!!!!! (still got the bruises on my wrist)
Cheers
guys

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back