• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Great Customer Service Race (1 Viewer)

Indeed Bob - they showed absolutely no indications of anything being amiss which made it all the more remarkable - to us at least but, apparently, not to Swarovski!

cheers
Gordon

Maybe not the very best story about Swarovski, but at least you have them back pretty fast or not?
About Zeiss all I can say is that Zeiss reps were very friendly to me the one time we met, they still built very nice binoculars and the reps were clearly proud of their products (they gave me free accesories and a COOL Zeiss pin, who can say that> :smoke:, and I don't hear about a lot of them having to be send back for construction faults but rather because they were broken by accident.
So I am still happy with my 7x42 Victory for 1100 euro and going strong after 2 years and 1500+ new birds in 4 continents, and see no reason to stay away from them as I have no alternative for the price (waterproof (always cleaned under the tap), light transmission, wide FOV, tack sharp, color neutral, fast & fluid focus and sturdy as a tank). And I don't think I ever have to send them back (searching for wood to knock on ;) )

So I am still happy with my 7x42 Victory for 1100 euro and going strong after 2 years and 1500+ new birds in 4 continents, and see no reason to stay away from them as I have no alternative for the price (waterproof (always cleaned under the tap), light transmission, wide FOV, tack sharp, color neutral, fast & fluid focus and sturdy as a tank).

I agree absolutely, I like Zeiss products and their cutting edge innovations. They have very high light transmission and now that Swaro has dropped the 7x42 it makes my choice of low light bins very easy.

On another note, one possible reason for the lack of communication from Swaro may be because the bins were returned through the dealer.

I agree absolutely, I like Zeiss products and their cutting edge innovations. They have very high light transmission and now that Swaro has dropped the 7x42 it makes my choice of low light bins very easy.

On another note, one possible reason for the lack of communication from Swaro may be because the bins were returned through the dealer.

I am thinking returning them through the dealer was a sure reason for a subpar service request. On a new one, I would have just got a replacement pair from the dealer instead.
When the service is performed for a direct customer does make a much better communication. You should have surely been wanting
to know info. much sooner than you were provided. Swar. of North America
is top rate as I have seen many others post on optics forums.

Here in the U.S.A. service is provided in the country, rather than sending to Europe

Just a few days ago, I had a small item on my EL where I needed a cap, and
I e-mailed SONA, and they are just going to mail it out to me. Now that is customer service!! ;)

Jerry

I'll add my horse to this race, just for kicks. I sent my Zeiss FL back March 13. Zeiss received them 3-15. They didn't notify me so I called on 3-23. No return call. I called on 3-29 and that call was returned. They informed me that the bins go back to Germany for examination.

So far . . . OK. It does seem to me that when you're returning $$$ bins a little communication is in order. The email from Swaro sounds about right. Just a simple update will do.

A quick update. My 8x32 FL arrived May 3rd, back from a trip to Germany. Call it a month and a half total. I was not notified that they were on the way and so wasn't home to sign for them. Got them the next day. A coupla emails wouldn't hurt, but OK they're back.

And notably improved! Better contrast and resolution, maybe even a bit brighter. Zeiss replaced both complete eyepiece assemblies because of a strange defect that I noticed by accident. Both eyepieces had an element that looked completely covered with fine dust, but I suspect it was bad cement with tiny bubbles in it, or a bad coating or something like that. No explanation from Zeiss. Hard to imagine they made it out of the factory--but OK.

I had them out briefly, alongside my Zen 8x43 ED2. Before the fix I actually gave the performance nod to the Zens. Not so now: the Zeiss is utterly sweet. Perfect in the hand. Definitely a keeper now!

Mark

Called Zeiss after one month and was told my bins are in Germany, and given an order number. I asked what was next and the rep said not to worry they will send them back after the evaluation or the replacement I requested. Communication takes time and thus costly but it really helps lower the stress and increase the satisfaction level.

Zeiss replaced and upgraded my bins

Just over a month and the replacement for my cherished 8x20 Victory bins arrived. No coorespondence just a UPS delivery. They upgraded me to the Loutec, which is cool and as requested replaced the bins. Thanks to all here at BF who advised me to send them in. Last weekend I gave my son the old pair and he was estatic. I will compare the two pair this weekend. Kudos to Zeiss, the quiate, strong type of company.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back