• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica repair service (1 Viewer)

breydon

Hi Leica owners. Have a second hand pair of 10x42 BNs that do not have the warranty card passport. Would like to have them serviced and the push/pull eye cups checked as the the right has a bit of play and pushes back in easy. Any one know the way to go with this please. in the UK Thanks Chris

Chris My ultravids were looking a bit tired and having a few months of inactivity ahead, I decided to send them off to be serviced. I located an agent in London at Bruton Place and duly sent them in. I was told that if it was just servicing I wanted, then they would do this free of charge, in London. Any repairs had to go to Germany. It was ages before I heard anything but my queries were always answered promptly and I was told that they had, in fact, been sent to Germany as they wanted to replace the rubber armouring. Alarm bells - hang on, I didn't ask for this. Am I going to get an enormous bill? No, they said. Anyway, the bins eventually came back in early August looking like absolutely brand spanking new and they didn't charge me a penny. Great service, if a little slow. Address in London: Ashna Vaghela/Jimmy Hughes, Client Care Team, Leica Camera UK, 34 Bruton Place, Mayfair, London W1J 6NR www.leica-camera.co.uk

Chris My ultravids were looking a bit tired and having a few months of inactivity ahead, I decided to send them off to be serviced. I located an agent in London at Bruton Place and duly sent them in. I was told that if it was just servicing I wanted, then they would do this free of charge, in London. Any repairs had to go to Germany. It was ages before I heard anything but my queries were always answered promptly and I was told that they had, in fact, been sent to Germany as they wanted to replace the rubber armouring. Alarm bells - hang on, I didn't ask for this. Am I going to get an enormous bill? No, they said. Anyway, the bins eventually came back in early August looking like absolutely brand spanking new and they didn't charge me a penny. Great service, if a little slow. Address in London: Ashna Vaghela/Jimmy Hughes, Client Care Team, Leica Camera UK, 34 Bruton Place, Mayfair, London W1J 6NR www.leica-camera.co.uk

Many thanks my friend for your help. Have emailed a request Regards Chris

Emailed Leica service three times now. Not a word back Will try and ring them on my next day off. Never had any problem with Ziess cleaned and serviced both my FLs all free

I had some repairs done on my scope eyepiece a couple years back (here in the US). I didn't have a warranty card, but when I gave them the serial number on it, they asked me where I purchased it. When I told them, they said it was still under warranty and they'd repair it for free.

Unfortunately, it took 2-3 months to complete the repair.

They really need to open a USA based center as well.

I think if they followed a similar set up as Swaro in regards to warranty and got the word out they would be better off. If Swaro can do it, i bet they can too. And it would be very smart.

That being said, it sounds like they are trying to improve?

Last edited:
NICE! I keep hearing about them being sent to Germany. Made me wonder.

I called their main number and the recording for repair states it's the only repair center in the US and they use all original parts.
I'll bet they are busy and it probably takes a while to get your bino back.

I had some repairs done on my scope eyepiece a couple years back (here in the US). I didn't have a warranty card, but when I gave them the serial number on it, they asked me where I purchased it. When I told them, they said it was still under warranty and they'd repair it for free.

Unfortunately, it took 2-3 months to complete the repair.

Do you know whether or not Swarovski has turn around service in SONA on their Spotting Scopes and the lenses that go with them?

Bob

Hi Leica owners. Have a second hand pair of 10x42 BNs that do not have the warranty card passport. Would like to have them serviced and the push/pull eye cups checked as the the right has a bit of play and pushes back in easy. Any one know the way to go with this please. in the UK Thanks Chris

The eye cup problem looks like its sorted it self with use. There are other dealers i can get them serviced and cleaned at .There's a feeling about having a pair of Leica's round your neck don't know what it is could be that you have got that view at last

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back