• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

East Africa, mating Eagles.... ID check (1 Viewer)

ugolino

Dear all,

Am I right in caling the first pair Tawny ?
Is it at all possible to ID the second pair ? The nest is also shown, bottom right.

For the fun, I add a third photo, a pair of Whte-tailed Eagles, taken in Japan this winter...

Many thanks in advance, ugolino

Attachments

• Tawny Eagle KEN 6975.JPG
    Tawny Eagle KEN 6975.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 62
  • KEN_8587.JPG
    KEN_8587.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 68
  • White-tailed Eagle (couple mating) JPN 7637.JPG
    White-tailed Eagle (couple mating) JPN 7637.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 68
Thank you Tom !!! Glad to see that you are still so helpful and fast..

I attach 2 photos of the possible "Wahlberg" couple that might help you in confirming the ID... If they are, I am sad not to have had then the equipment I now have, as they would be lifer's for me, and the photos are only good as a souvenir...
Best, Ugolino

PS: happy that you enjoyed the WTE pair. I also attach a crop of the photo... this was amazing to see them mate from the call to the end.... and a highlight of my Hokkaido trip....

Attachments

• Copie de KEN_8580.JPG
    Copie de KEN_8580.JPG
    424.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Copie de KEN_8582.JPG
    Copie de KEN_8582.JPG
    452.7 KB · Views: 69
  • White-tailed Eagle (couple mating) JPN detail 7637.JPG
    White-tailed Eagle (couple mating) JPN detail 7637.JPG
    275.7 KB · Views: 48
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back