• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (3 Viewers)

Cheers BFB...and not one of them took more 10minutes to get on to and all within metres of each other. Don't you just love it when that happens:t:

Well done with the Ravens. Do you think they are passing through or are breeding locally?

You jammy so and so : hope you dont mind me showing others on this thread of your todays good fortune ;)

Eastern Olivaceous Warbler

Red-breasted Flycatcher

Radde's Warbler

:t::t::t:

just like London Buses - I wait years for my first Raven over the garden last week then I get them again this afternoon

Camera at the ready.

BTW until they are so close when in flight you dont appreciate how bloomin big they are

When they go up to greet the red kites and female buzzards is for me the time when you go 'dammit they are huge!'. Beautiful birds, and I miss our friendly pair from the Hebrides. Partial to a bit of corned beef I discovered lol.

You jammy so and so : hope you dont mind me showing others on this thread of your todays good fortune ;)

Eastern Olivaceous Warbler

Red-breasted Flycatcher

Radde's Warbler

:t::t::t:

What??? One days spotting and you get not one mega but three? Hahahahahah I'm chuffed for you but sickened at the sa,me time lol

Hmmm not sure about the Ravens breeding locally, however a Vis Mig guy who is fairly local to me saw two lots today, 3 Ravens before lunch and another 2 (probably the same 2 that I picked up). So probably good passge and nothing else.

Like most cases didnt get the camera out in time, but did manage to see them later on at distance being mobbed

Attachments

• IMG_6517.jpg
    IMG_6517.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 47
Some fellas from the feeders today, including a nice Comma that was attracted to treeface :t:

Attachments

• comma.jpg
    comma.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 44
  • treeface.jpg
    treeface.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6530.jpg
    IMG_6530.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6548.jpg
    IMG_6548.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6559.jpg
    IMG_6559.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 42
and a few more:

The flock of LTTs that descended on to the feeders were probably 12 strong, 24 Greenfinch today

Attachments

• IMG_6518.jpg
    IMG_6518.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6538.jpg
    IMG_6538.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6558.jpg
    IMG_6558.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6544.jpg
    IMG_6544.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 34
You jammy so and so

What??? One days spotting and you get not one mega but three? Hahahahahah I'm chuffed for you but sickened at the sa,me time lol

Cheers guys:t: Dare I mention that I haven't seen a Spotted Fly (despite many attempts), but now have Red-breasted Fly on my list...

EDIT: Sorry, Roger, cross-post.Thanks.

Some fellas from the feeders today, including a nice Comma that was attracted to treeface :t:

I like the shot of the Greenfinch peering out of the shade. Bit different from most feeder shots.

enjoyed sunny day to, willow tit back again,male bullfinch,2-nuthatch,2-coal tit ,2-female chaffinch,3-blue tit ,4-great tit, dunnock, fem-blackbird, and one i like to see a wren

Ruff out on the marsh today (the receding flood is now pulling in lots more lapwing) taking our garden list up to 99 - still waiting for redwing

Second record of Mistle Thrush for the garden on sunday morning. They go for next door's berries so it's really just a case of them perching on our side of the fence waiting to drop down! Fruit going up on the new 'quiet corner' bird table asap.

Second record of Mistle Thrush for the garden on sunday morning. They go for next door's berries so it's really just a case of them perching on our side of the fence waiting to drop down! Fruit going up on the new 'quiet corner' bird table asap.

I tend to cadge apples off peoples trees and throw them out onto the lawn for the winter thrushes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back