• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opinions on Celestron Regal LS (1 Viewer)

Yooper

I had $250 to spend and found the Regal LSs in 8x42 on sale for this price. What are your opinions for someone like me who is a very casual birder to have these bins?

the bird said:
Yooper sorry mate - I've never heard of them in this country!!!!

The Bird - John

looking on the net though seems to be advertised in your country alot, suprised nobody has helped you.

John - The Bird

Yeah, but I just assumed that with the world wide web we were all just sort of connected as one big group. There are plenty of Americans on here; I guess they just don't feel Celestrons are worthy of their time.

Ace Optic Avian look-a-like

These look identical to Ace Optics Avian range. These are a good value for money range priced in the lower mid-market for roofs. Here they are £289. They have recently been upgraded to Avian F to include aspherical lenses and flat field coating.

I would think they are a good buy for a casual birder but bear in mind there may be a newer model round the corner.

As usual try before you buy if at all possible.

Yooper said:
Yeah, but I just assumed that with the world wide web we were all just sort of connected as one big group. There are plenty of Americans on here; I guess they just don't feel Celestrons are worthy of their time.

The only thing I can say mate is, that these bins will do the job I'm sure. they look ok. I hope you enjoy.

the bird - John :bounce:

I answered my own question upon receiving the Celestrons yesterday. Awesome! For a lower-end priced bino, they are very sharp. They have such good brightness and provide a very sharp image. There was a tad bit of CA on a hen mallard in bright sun, but I was so pleased with their overall performance it mattered little.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back