• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with manfrotto 393 copy (1 Viewer)

punta

Hi, I have a copy 393 gimbal that has lost the screw as per the photo.

Not sure what I need or where to get it from. I think it had a alan key head but not sure what it was. If any one knows or could tell me what i need it would be very much appreciated :t:

Attachments

• gimbal.jpg
    gimbal.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 111
I dont know the size of the nut but might i suggest using some PTFE tape on the thread as a make shift cure.
Rob.

Yep I have a little bit of black insulating tape round it at the mo.

Anyone have a idea what i need.................Please :)

Looking at the size ( hard to tell from a pic ) but i would guess that its a M10 or 3/8th nut, why not just take it to a car accessories shop they should have one that fits.
Rob.

Might be able to scratch one up like that Punta.That set screw serves to set pre-load
on azimuth rotation(horizontal plane).There are some thrust washers in there also
that you want to keep an eye on.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back