• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White on White Photography (1 Viewer)

Don't know if it would have any relevance to your original question Maroon Jay, as Farnboro John suggests the younger birds would perhaps be more inquisitive and less experienced, thus allowing a "closer approach". I note that you have imaged a sub-adult male (almost evenly white..with just some light spotting to the primary tips) I've found that with other species of birds where there is clear difference between the sexes, often the females are bolder than the males?

Cheers

I thought that both males and females are spotted when they are young. Is that correct? In older birds, the males are much whiter than females. All I know for sure is that the darker ones are less timid than pure white ones.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back