• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery Bird ID (1 Viewer)

That was my first choice as well given the perch on the edge of the branch and the slight color on the right shoulder.

You're all correct,Red winged Blackbird it is.
The ID skills on the Forum are more impressive than ever,I thought this might be difficult!

Grousemore said:
The ID skills on the Forum are more impressive than ever,I thought this might be difficult!

Well, it's a fairly common bird across most of the continent, and that's a classic pose for it too. You're going to have to pick something more obscure to fool us. :)

Grousemore said:
The funny thing with this was, I knew it was RWB without even knowing where in the world you'd taken it. And the first two answers came from Europe too.

Alastair Rae said:
. And the first two answers came from Europe too.

I'll definitely find a more difficult one before long after all this crowing!

I actually posted it deliberately late night UK time,so some of our USA buffs could have a go,but the best laid plans...

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back