• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kerso Recommendation (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Having just purchased my 100-400 Canon from Kerso I have no hesitaton in recommending him. I don't like paying up front to anyone I don't know but I saw he had lots of satisfied customers so went ahead. Service was excellent, price was good and the 'cash back' stands.
I know you can get cheaper from HongKong and I have read possitive threads on this-I'm just advising anyone who has the same doubts as me that the service is excellent.

He's a member on BF too... if you contact him direct rather than going through ebay I think you'll get an even better deal.

Having just purchased my 100-400 Canon from Kerso I have no hesitaton in recommending him. I don't like paying up front to anyone I don't know but I saw he had lots of satisfied customers so went ahead. Service was excellent, price was good and the 'cash back' stands.
I know you can get cheaper from HongKong and I have read possitive threads on this-I'm just advising anyone who has the same doubts as me that the service is excellent.

I bought the same lens from Ian a couple of months ago and I concur with all of the above. Very helpful guy!

Jamie
:clap:

David, On the Hong Kong bit, beware that really 17.5% VAT is due and also you probably won't get a Canon International warranty...the kit normally has to go back to HK.

Ian Kerr's prices include Int Warranty at keen prices no VAT is due, and he will even do a bit for you off ebay and UPC code on boxes for cash back.

So I believe it's a no brainer to go Kerso...my 2 cents worth

Jamie

David, On the Hong Kong bit, beware that really 17.5% VAT is due and also you probably won't get a Canon International warranty...the kit normally has to go back to HK.

Ian Kerr's prices include Int Warranty at keen prices no VAT is due, and he will even do a bit for you off ebay and UPC code on boxes for cash back.

So I believe it's a no brainer to go Kerso...my 2 cents worth

Jamie

Thats the reason for my original thread-that I did buy from Kerso and am recommending him.

Thats the reason for my original thread-that I did buy from Kerso and am recommending him.

David, Sorry for any ambiguity. I realised that you reccommended Ian....my intention what to reinforce that with a bit more details on the gotchas of HK.

An addition there is no import duty on lenses according to DHL BUT there is VAT.

Jamie

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back