• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Customer Service (1 Viewer)

Loud Green Man

Firstly let me make clear this is not a further Zeiss bashing thread but quite the reverse.

I recently mentioned my frustration at the c£300 quoted to replace the ocular lenses in a pair of Zeiss 8X30B safari binoculars. A figure that when seen in print made the prospect even less attractive given the approach to similar repairs by at least 2 other well-known alpha manufactures. This prompted me to write to Zeiss one last time c/o their HQ and point out that given there was no added value in a complete lens assembly replacement, such as glass with at least T* coating, I could not understand why the cost of repair need be so close to the figure paid for the instrument when purchased new in the late 80’s. Imagine then my surprise when I received an e-mail from Zeiss UK confirming my note was being treated as a complaint and would be fully investigated!

Hardy had I got over the shock of this note and certainly before I’d had time to make clear it was not my intention to instigate a formal complaint, I received a call from a nice Lady explaining the cost was indeed related to the need to install two complete new lens assemblies. However, a decision had been made to offer me a new pair for the very attractive price of £100.

Needless to say I have accepted this generous offer and therefore wish to use this opportunity to thank Zeiss UK for what is fully acknowledged as Customer Service well in excess of what one may reasonably expect of any binocular manufacturer.

Well done Zeiss UK Customer Service!

LGM

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back