• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (3 Viewers)

I'd love to see a Lapwing painting from you Arthur so I'm looking forward to this. And I thought I'd commented on the last sketches but maybe only in my imagination! In any case though I liked them all the ones that really struck me was the herons in upper right of the last one I think, where they bend their necks off to left but keep their heads straight. A very typical pose for a Great Blue Heron here but one I've yet to capture! These do it beautifully!

And thanks for the ref as well. I'm now even more impressed by the tonal richness of those pen drawings.

Brilliant to see sketchbook pages like this! For me looking into sketchbooks is as good as, ahem, looking at stuff from the top shelf of WHSmiths, except that they no longer keep them in stock!
Seriously, these lappy and heron sketches offer wonderful insights into another world - let's have plenty more.

Russ

this will have to go on hold.
Half term ,putting things out of reach ready for the grandkids coming up for a week. knackering but thoroughly enjoyable.

Attachments

• L1000029.jpg
    L1000029.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 62
have fun with the grandkids - but don't forget to come back to this one asap! There is a spring like quality in there already, and as I woke up today to find there is a dusting of snow, I think looking at these lappys on a bright green backdrop is just the therapy I need.

Very interesting to watch this develop, Arthur. Looking splendid so far - a quintessential English scene, and one that we must hope never vanishes. Your sky diving lappie has inspired me to make 'Birds in flight' my summer project! Why the summer? So I can sit out for hours at a time and study birds like this without freezing my XXXX off!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back