• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which 3 species have you most of in the garden at present? (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Graham - I only get one or two dunnocks at a time - how many are you getting?????

Well, those are the only three birds that have been in the garden at all this week would you beleive and the reason it is in third place is because there has only been 1 in the garden.

However, on a good day there can be up to 5 or 6 at a time.

Hardly get any House Sparrows here on the edge of Durham City, they're all Tree Sparrows! So as I look out of the window right now it is:
1. Yellowhammer (7)
2. Tree Sparrow (6)
3. Robin (4)

After a recent severe thunderstorm we had a huge influx of birds, including 66 Greenfinches at one time. In the 20 minutes following the storm I counted 115 different birds all dropping in and we don't have a particularly large garden. I wonder whether they don't like thunder!!

Today, 1) House Sparrow
2) Chaffinch
3) Goldfinch (although i suppose it would be 1) house martin 2) swallow and 3) swift if i counted what was 150feet plus above my garden!)James

house sparrows
great tit
collard doves

(twice we had a merlin come down, the last visit he took my collard dove sob sob)

Here are mine in order

1. House sparrow
2. Blackbird
3. chaffinch

The house sparrows are everywhere! It is brilliant considering they are hard to find in London and other big cities now.

House finch (40+)
Mourning dove (20+)
Scrub jay (8-10)

It's been a really down year all around for residents and migrants. Usually would have 30-40 chipping sparrows (we've had 15 max), 50-80 pinyon jays (< 20 flying over), 20-40 band-tailed pigeons (maybe 10 at any one time this year), and much higher numbers of hummingbirds (usually 4 species with 3 feeders going; have only had 1 feeder up all summer and only 3 spp have appeared).

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back