• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Power Pack for CP4500 (1 Viewer)

robinm

I am interested in getting any information from someone who has used the EDC001K power pack with the CP 4500. I am off on a long trip next spring and will be unable to charge batteries every day and I am wondering if this is the solution.

I have already had some very useful information from Crake Dude (thanks Steve :t:) but he does not use the CP 4500.

I am particularly interested in how it performs and typical life c.f. EN-EL1 batteries.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Robin,

I've got an external powerpack for my 4500.... but I'm not sure if it is the same model that you refer to... Mine came from Maplin.

For what it's worth, mine will work for a full day on a single charge - but that's if it is turned on pretty much permanently ie you spend all day sitting in a hide just trying to take photographs.

Under more normal circumstances - turning it off & on as subjects present themselves - it would probably last 2 or more days between charges....

"A long trip..." Where are you off to then??

Hi Robin,

I've got an external powerpack for my 4500.... but I'm not sure if it is the same model that you refer to... Mine came from Maplin.

For what it's worth, mine will work for a full day on a single charge - but that's if it is turned on pretty much permanently ie you spend all day sitting in a hide just trying to take photographs.

Under more normal circumstances - turning it off & on as subjects present themselves - it would probably last 2 or more days between charges....

"A long trip..." Where are you off to then??

Thanks Ray, the Maplin one is no longer available, I think. But the one is mentioned is similar.

I am going to Bhutan next spring for 18 days and we will be unable to charge batteries for several days at a time - we will be staying in tents in the middle of nowhere. I have a number of EN-EL1 batteries but I need to supplement them and power pack seems like a reasonable option.

Thanks again.

Hi Robin,

Sounds like the trip of a life-time!

From what I can recall, my powerpack was approx £30..... I guess it might be worth getting a couple of them - in your shoes, I wouldn't be too pleased to miss out on any photo opportunities for want of a dead battery!

Hi Robin,

Sounds like the trip of a life-time!

The itinerary looks exciting. Although the vast majority of the trip is birding we are going to visit some of the big Buddhist temples etc. as well.

From what I can recall, my powerpack was approx £30..... I guess it might be worth getting a couple of them - in your shoes, I wouldn't be too pleased to miss out on any photo opportunities for want of a dead battery!

I think you're right. For the sake of a few quid it would be silly to miss out on that "killer" pic.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back