• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New line of Meopro's (1 Viewer)

johnmichael47

United States
Look what Meopta just introduced. And, they are even assembled in the U.S.! Glad I just got my new Meostar B1 HD's while they are still affordable because they are indeed the new alpha.

Try this since the link above does not go right into the new product.

Coming off our best year ever, Meopta rifle scopes, binoculars and spotters continue to win the praise of magazine editors, professional guides and serious hunters and shooters across the USA. We continue to bring you the brightest optics in hunting this summer with our new, redesigned Meopro HD Binoculars!
- New Fluoride lens elements, coupled with our proprietary multicoating, eliminate chromatic aberrations and delivers incredible clarity and resolution
- Available in 8X32, 10X32, 8X42 and 10X42; all in HD!
- All new magnesium body
- Assembled in the USA
Please read more about our newest release here!
We are accepting preorders on the new Meopro Binocular line, so let your dealer know you’re interested.
Stop by and visit us at booth #4906 at the NRA 2014 show to see the brightest optics in hunting and see how we plan to make 2014 a great year for Meopta and our customers across the country.

Assembled in the U.S. at Meopta’s Long Island, NY facility, the new MeoPro series has an updated look and feel. These binoculars are lightweight, extremely durable and offer a brilliant viewing experience. Fluoride HD objective lenses and MeoBright™ ion-assisted multi-coatings deliver incredible clarity, superior color fidelity and edge-to-edge sharpness while eliminating chromatic aberration in the most challenging viewing conditions. A totally redesigned, lightweight magnesium chassis is built to withstand the rugged conditions of the field and, like all Meopta binoculars, the MeoPro HDs are nitrogen purged and fully sealed for fog-proof, water-proof and shock-proof performance, year after year.
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4569 / Virus Database: 3882/7347 - Release Date: 04/15/14

Any pics? The link takes me to a generic homepage.

The website is horrible - no amount of searching turns up any new models.

Last edited:
20140415_154702_0_tn_790x355.jpg

MSRP:
MeoPro HD 8x32 $ 747.49
MeoPro HD 10x32 $ 804.99
MeoPro HD 8x42 $ 977.49
MeoPro HD 10x42 $ 1,034.99

Specification:
Model: 8x32 10x32 8x42 10x42
Objective Lens (mm): 32 32 42 42
FOV (ft/1000 yds) 414 384 384 351
Eye Relief (mm): 17 15 22 17
Close Focus (ft): 5.6 4.9 9.8 8.4
Exit Pupil (mm): 4 3.2 5.3 4.2
Twilight Factor: 16 17.9 18.3 20.5
Dioptric Correction (D): +/-3 +/-3 +/-3 +/-3
Height (in): 5.2 5.2 6.1 6.1
Width (in): 5.2 5.2 6.1 6.1
Weight (oz): 21.1 21.1 24.6 24.3
Waterproof: yes yes yes yes
Shockproof: yes yes yes yes
Nitrogen Purged: yes yes yes yes

MeoPro 80 HD Spotting Scope Key Features:
Built in the USA
TO2TM (Twilight Optimized Optics) system delivers the highest light transmission when you need it most – in the low light of dawn and dusk.
Proprietary ion assisted lens coatings. MeoBrightTM coating eliminates glare and reflections and delivers incredibly bright (98.7% transmission per lens surface) and sharp images across the field of view. MeoShieldTM coating protects external lens surfaces from abrasions and scratches.
HD Fluoride objective lens element eliminates chromatic aberration (CA) or color fringing by bringing light wavelengths into a single common focus along the optical axis – delivering maximum resolution and vivid color fidelity in challenging lighting conditions.
Magnesium chassis is lightweight, rugged and completely nitrogen purged for fogproof, waterproof and shockproof performance. Sculpted rubber armor protects binocular body from abrasion and impacts and provides excellent tactile feel and grip.
Covered by Meopta’s North American Lifetime Transferable Warranty.

The claims here about long-term ruggedness are unusual, and I can recall seing such a set of statements by other makers only for special models.
- "extremely durable"
- "built to withstand the rugged conditions of the field and, like all Meopta binoculars ... fog-proof, water-proof and shock-proof performance, year after year."
- "The external lenses ... are also treated with Meopta's proprietary MeoShield™ abrasion-resistant coating which meets military specifications for durability and surface hardness." I wonder if this is tougher (even) than those of Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss.
- "Shockproof: yes".

I am thinking they will actually be a bit less...$100 or more US off of the MSRP...which would put the 8x42, for example, around $800.

If so, that would make them about the same price as the non-HD Meostars:

Meopta 10x42 Meostar

And more than TWICE the price of the non-HD Meopros!

Meopta 8x42 Meopro

That "HD" glass better be made of flourite, otherwise, I can't see the justification for the steep price hike. You can buy a Nikon 8x30 M7 for $300 and the image is quite good. The build quality on the Meopro is probably better, not sure, haven't handled one, but it's probably the same as the original. So you're still paying $400 for two ED lens elements.

Brock

Should we suppose this means there will be no Meostar HD's aside the 10x42 and the Cabela's line?
Bugger if so, I've been patiently waiting for the 8x32 HD. :C

//L

Hmm, so this confounds my already difficult search for new binoculars. Darn. Too bad they didn't include the 6.5/7x option.

Justin

I wonder if they will keep the old non-HD models in the lineup for a time, since the 6.5x32 is definitely a winner. The pricing is nearly as much as the meostars, in fact, pretty close to the euro-HD's. Is there the possibility that they are competing with themselves here? Question in my head: do you go for the 8x32 meopro-HD or the 8x32 euro-HD. Next question in my head: flouride = flourite? My toothpaste has flouride.

Next question in my head: flouride = flourite? My toothpaste has flouride.

PM.

Fluorite is pure calcium fluoride (fluorspar) and apart from rare cases like the Kowa 883 scope it isn't generally used in consumer optics as it's fragile and difficult to work. Most ED glasses use fluorides of other metals and/or fluorophosphates in their formula to create Abbe numbers in the ED range.

David

PS. Taken from Wikipedia on the fluorides in toothpaste:
"Sodium fluoride (NaF) is the most common source of fluoride, but stannous fluoride (SnF2), olaflur (an organic salt of fluoride), and sodium monofluorophosphate (Na2PO3F) are also used. Stannous fluoride has been shown to be more effective than sodium fluoride in reducing the incidence of dental caries[4] and controlling gingivitis"
Stannous is a salt of tin.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back