• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No MeoPro reviews?? (1 Viewer)

raptorbfl

Interesting how I can not find a SINGLE professional review of the MeoPro HD
8 x 42 or 10 x 42 anymore? Was this model a total bust for Meopta?? It has been out since April I think.

Last edited:
Patience, I haven't seen one anywhere as of yet.

The big box retailers are probably the only ones first hand to have received them.

If they are any good? People will start handling them and word will get out.

Personally, though I haven't seen one first hand they look overpriced.

I could be wrong but, will have to let it play out.

Bryce...

They were just rolling off the assembly line this past week, so no retailers have seen them yet. I agree with you though Bryce. Wondering about price point? I am told though, that they will rival the view of the Meopta/Cabelas Euro HD's, which are fantastic, so to me I look at it like a Meostar HD view in a lighter package.

................................ I am told though, that they will rival the view of the Meopta/Cabelas Euro HD's, which are fantastic, so to me I look at it like a Meostar HD view in a lighter package.

star = pro ?

this is confusing to me
did Cabelas downgrade the quality of mesostar?
did Meopta inprove the quality of the pro?
are the two lines being merged into one?

edj

before I got my Cabela Euro 10x32 HD I got a Mesostar 10x42 HD from the Bargain Barn, but returned it due to chipped ep on inside,
but recall is the 42mm was sharper/brighter, but may have been the larger objectives

Last edited:
The MeoPro HD series of binocular is a new/improved generation of the original MeoPro binoculars introduced around 2010. They are a completely different line in terms of price/performance when compared to the MeoStar B1 series.

The MeoPro HD series of binocular is a new/improved generation ....... completely different line in terms of price/performance when compared to the MeoStar B1 series.

what is the difference?
how do they compare to the Cabela HD?

maybe the differences are clear to others, but I am confused

edj

Last edited:
I asked Meopta about these MeoproHDs, now available also in EU region, and answer was, like MeoptaMan wrote, that these are new quality level of older Meopro, the entry level of quality binoculars, and compared to MeostarHD, these have like spec says the slightly lower light transmission and edge definition.

So I think that MeostarHD is designed for pickiest buyers, which needs to have optical flawless binoculars with army level durability, no matter the weight.

The MeoproHD is then for users which prefer low weight, and affordable premium HD binocular /other 80% users/. What is interesting that, these MeoproHD offers acc to spec. longer eye relief.

Meopta web pages /NA and EU/ shows some inconsistency between specs of MeoproHDs, I hope that Meopta will correct it soon.

Anyway, I bought they flagship before some time, the Meostar 10x42 HD,
and it is very nice binos, with impressive view, CA is very low even on edges, very good contrast, light transmission and whiteness of image, despite use of silver mirror, resolution is really on par with best of best, sweetspot is 90%.... Only drawback is that diopter wheel is very stiff, and it is hard to set it when looking through bins, and also the objective lenses became dirty from touch of their covers... But this are minor issues, and purchase price of mine sample was very good...

Last edited:
I asked Meopta about these MeoproHDs, now available also in EU region, and answer was, like MeoptaMan wrote, that these are new quality level of older Meopro, the entry level of quality binoculars, and compared to MeostarHD, these have like spec says the slightly lower light transmission and edge definition.

So I think that MeostarHD is designed for pickiest buyers, which needs to have optical flawless binoculars with army level durability, no matter the weight.

The MeoproHD is then for users which prefer low weight, and affordable premium HD binocular /other 80% users/. What is interesting that, these MeoproHD offers acc to spec. longer eye relief.

are the Cabela Euro HDs the same as the Meopro HDs with different label?

edj

are the Cabela Euro HDs the same as the Meopro HDs with different label?

edj

Must admit I get the names mixed up myself but the Meostar is their top model and the Cabela Euro HD the ED version. The Meopro is the lower priced models that has just been upgraded to HD.

"This is what I wrote after a quick look at birdfair:
The new Meopta Meopro was very interesting. It now has ED glass and I suspect dielectric coatings and appeared a match on sharpness if not quite contrast to Meostar. It feels better made than the old model as well, but not quite the Meostars level of engineering. No 6.5x unfortunately. The show samples had been assembled in the USA but they didn't know where the main production run would be. The UK pricing seems quite high ranging from £439 for the 8x32 to £509 for the 10x42. "

David

Must admit I get the names mixed up myself but the Meostar is their top model and the Cabela Euro HD the ED version. The Meopro is the lower priced models that has just been upgraded to HD.

David

? then the Cabela Euro HD is the SAME as the Meostar HD?

edj

? then the Cabela Euro HD is the SAME as the Meostar HD?

edj

Yes, the Meostar is the very same as the Cabela's Euro.

Meopta sells more optics through Cabela's, as it is their best
store brand, than they sell themselves in the US. Cabela's
gets them first.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back