• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grey Imports/PEX (1 Viewer)

MichaelSH

I just read a post 'recommending' HDEW as a reliable supplier of canon. It certainly is. However, be aware that later Part Exchange can be a problem. I recently got a quote from WEX for part exchange of my 7D for a 5D3. Made the appointment and took it to Norwich. After a long wait - the deal was refused as the box had far east characters and it was 'against their policy'. I approached HDEW who told me they do not accept part exchange. I finally went to Digital Depot (a very good company from whom I bought my 20D and later my 40D) and they did not find any problem about the fact that it had been a grey import. I now am the proud owner of a 5D3 from them.

To be honest you are probably better selling privately anyway if you can as the part ex deal you are offered is probably very poor. When you are dealing with WEX you are paying considerably more for the new purchase than you might pay elsewhere as well.I understand why they don't want to accept grey imports though !

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back