• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peru Birding tours (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

we are thinking of doing a trip to Peru. (Manu Road,wayqecha station, CORL, Amazonia Lodge, MWCL).

Has anybody used Peru Birding tours? If so, how did you get on?

Can anyone recommended any other company?

Any comments appreciated.

I just travelled with "Peru Birding Expeditions". Steve Sanchez is an excellent guide.

I can fully recommend Miguel Lezama from Tanager Tours.
He also guided Arjan on his quest to break the world record in a year, and he is one of the top guides in Peru.

I used Manu, and found them excellent, particularly their guide Silverio.

I'd second that recommendation.
Silverio Duri was our ABA group guide for Manu and stood out for his spotting and calling skills. He was raised in the jungle, but has adapted to become a superb guide. He has really deep understanding of the Manu, plant, animal as well as human. His English is solid, a big help for non Spanish speaking guests.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back