• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

24/30x eyepiece on the ED50 (1 Viewer)

TomW

Just bought the 24/30x eyepiece for my ED 82, but tried it on my ED 50 for which it is not recommended. Why? The image is wide and bright and at 16x is still reasonable for use with the hand held case which is how I mostly use it.
Any Ideas?
Cheers
Tom

Yes, I've tried the same (very casually, and a long time ago, because 16x is too close to bino mag for me to bother with it), and it seemed fine. I think there is some vignetting, though in my casual test I didn't notice it (but I also didn't look for it). There's nothing to be damaged, so if you like the combo, by all means go ahead and use it.

--AP

My wife has been using this eyepiece with the ED50 for over a year and loves the wide bright image. She also uses Nikon's "grippa" case, so finds the comparatively low magnification a boon.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back