• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Questions and a favour... (30D firmware) (1 Viewer)

Keith Reeder

Watch the birdie...
Afternoon all,

I decided I can't be doing with not having a spare/back up camera while my 30D is at Fixation, so I picked up a new 30D yesterday.

Although new, it still has the v.1.0.4 firmware: no problem I thought, the upgrade is easy enough to do.

Or not...

Try as I might, I can't get the camera to "see" the v.1.0.5 - I've tried several CF cards, re-downloaded the update, changed the name - all sorts of things - and every time I get a "CF card containing firmware is required to update" message (and yep, the firmware is in the root of the CF card).

Not the end of the world, but I'd like the latest firmware.

There's little of any help on the internet, but one suggestion is to download the update using a different computer.

I don't have another computer at home, and downloading from my work PC is disabled.

So...

Questions: anyone had this problem? How did you fettle it?

Favour: is anyone in a position to download the firmware (from the bottom of this page) and then email it to me at keith.reeder(@)gmail.com or (assuming it's too big to email - at 4+mb it might be) host it temporarily on some webspace so I can grab it from there?

TIA.

Last edited:
Keith Reeder said:
Favour: is anyone in a position to download the firmware (from the bottom of this page) and then email it to me at keith.reeder(@)gmail.com or (assuming it's too big to email - at 4+mb it might be) host it temporarily on some webspace so I can grab it from there?

TIA.

Hi Keith,
I just PMed you
Cheers,
Max

Keith, I tried to send the software to you but got the dreaded Mailer Daemon notification. Either I have typed in the wrong mail address or.......?

Hi guys,

John, thank you kindly but it's OK - Max put a copy on his website for me to download. (Thanks, Max).

It is the correct email address though, so I expect the file was just too big to email.

As it happend, the version I got from Max didn't help, so I'll be having a chat with Canon.

Well, Canon have sent me a copy of the firmware directly by email, and it's worked perfectly..!

Thanks to everyone who responded to this.

Keith Reeder said:
Well, Canon have sent me a copy of the firmware directly by email, and it's worked perfectly..!

Thanks to everyone who responded to this.

:t: Great Keith!

It seems Canon is thus creating two levels of customers ... how can it be that a file uploaded in their OFFICIAL site does not work properly when downloaded? :storm:

I'm putting it down to them emailing, rather than me downloading, the file, Max.

Anyway - it worked, so I'm where I wanted to be.

'Til next time!

;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back