• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery Life 30D (1 Viewer)

Cudyll Bach

Spain
Since upgrading from the 300D to the 30D I have been amazed at how long the battery lasts. With the 300D I had to charge the battery on a regular basis but with the 30D I have taken over 700 shots since I had it most of which have been shot at the highest shooting rate and I haven't had to charge the battery once, it still shows a full charge.

Great, isn't it?

;)

With the two batteries in the battery pack, I reckon I will get a week's shooting out of the camera when I'm in Norfolk next month.

I also upgraded from the 300D to 30D and was blown away by the battery capacity, i think the 300D was particularly poor on battery life. When I went to Finland I took about 400 shots and didnt need to change to the battery at all, and that was in temperatures around -20 degrees! The old 300D used to run out far too quickly if it was cold by British standards. This is one of the major advantages of the 30D over the older models that people tend to forget in favour of higher MP counts etc.

Joe

Keith Reeder said:
With the two batteries in the battery pack, I reckon I will get a week's shooting out of the camera when I'm in Norfolk next month.

I'm sure you could manage that (unless you spend a lot of time reviewing shots), with the grip on my 400D I can get ~1500-2000 shots.

Hi Peter,

I do "chimp" a bit, I admit - and for that reason I'll have spare batteries and a charger with me (and at 7Dayshop's prices, I'll be needing a separate bag for my batteries before long!)

1500-2000 shots is amazing though!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back