• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Toadstool (1 Viewer)

coaltit

United Kingdom
I dislodged this toadstool this afternoon in my back garden from memory I Don,t recall seeing this species before it had a sulphurous yellow colour as you can perhaps see from the photo,s and where there should have been a dome on the cap of the toadstool it was flat and coloured brown as you can see again from the picture I,ve looked for this toadstool but can only find ochre brittlegill can anyone Identify or put a name to this species for me please.

Attachments

• PICT0273.jpg
    PICT0273.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 30
  • PICT0274.jpg
    PICT0274.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 23
  • PICT0275.jpg
    PICT0275.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT0276.jpg
    PICT0276.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 21
It's a type of boletus as it has pores on the underside rather than gills. That's a close as i can get.
thanks Dave I thought it somewhat deformed for a toadstool but now with this Information you gave me I looked up on line and Sepia Bolete (Boletus Porosporus) seems to fit with my fungi and what a strange one it is when it has full grown very dull looking apparently dull is one of its nick names...

Hi all,

Xerocomus (=Boletus) porosporus isn't a bad bet, but I wouldn't necessarily rule out other species (e.g X.cisalpinus, X.pruinatus etc).

Cheers,
Nick

Hi all,

Xerocomus (=Boletus) porosporus isn't a bad bet, but I wouldn't necessarily rule out other species (e.g X.cisalpinus, X.pruinatus etc).

Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick, thanks for that I,m now thinking between porosporus and cisalpinus personally Interesting fungi to say the least when a electron microscope is needed to Identify the cellular structure of the pores.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back