• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bill Oddie's Little Black Bird Book reissued. (1 Viewer)

Mike Johnston

Just to let you know that Bill Oddie's Little Black Bird Book has been reissued by Robson Books with a new introduction. ISBN 0 86051 959 7. Still a great read. Buy a copy for all young birders. :t:

Mike Johnston said:
Just to let you know that Bill Oddie's Little Black Bird Book has been reissued by Robson Books with a new introduction. ISBN 0 86051 959 7. Still a great read. Buy a copy for all young birders. :t:

But it's green!

Yes, definitely buy a copy for ALL new birders.....or ANY birders who haven't read it yet and fancy a laugh! :clap:

I've got a copy from the first time it came out and don't know HOW many times I've read it! It has me in stitches every time ;)
It was one of my first books when I first began birding in the early 80's - I had it out on almost permanent loan from Wallsend library until I got my own copy!

I bought it and read it - not the read I thought it was going to be - having expected it to be the funniest read ever - still possibly my fault - a fellow birder and work colleague said an ex of his read it and immediately understood his obsession. I never got it and I am a birder!

Followed that up with Blokes and Birds - another disappointment. It's an ok read but the tales don't match the tales of local birders, or indeed people you meet up and down the country.

No I'm not going to compile my own:)

Anyone recommend a good read as there must have been some crackers over the years - bird books that is.

Steve

Quacker said:
I bought it and read it - not the read I thought it was going to be -
Steve

I think it's a little dated nowadays.
Mine (an original paperback) is in the loft. I've read it that many times it's in at least 4 pieces.

Mark

I got this book for christmas and I have already read it. It really is a fascinating read (although I feel its more targeted towards begginners), full of interesting stories and I feel Mr Oddie really speaks a world of truth, particularly when it comes to twitchers!

I would recommend it to anyone, no matter what your birding ability.

Ye I got it for Christmas quality read just finished it just about to start a thread on it saying how good it was then saw this :D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back