• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabela's and Bass Pro Merger Completed (1 Viewer)

BruceH

It has been in the works for a while but the deal for Bass Pro to purchase Cabela's has received final Federal Reserve approval and the deal is now completed. The hang up has been finding a buyer for the Cabela's credit card operation.

Here is an article from the Springfield News Leader. I believe Bass Pro is headquartered in Springfield, MO.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...-pro-shops-closes-deal-buy-cabelas/701049001/

Here is the press release from Bass Pro .......

http://press.basspro.com/bass-pro-s...cas-premier-outdoor-and-conservation-company/

Here is a web site they set up with information on the changes, which are not much initially .......

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/together

The Phoenix, AZ metro area has one of each with the Bass Pro serving the east side of the Valley and the Cabela's about 26 miles away as the crow flies, serving the west side. Hopefully they are far enough apart so each will remain open. I think the Cabela's has the better optical department.

I got an email about this today....I hate mergers. It almost always means higher prices and less selection for the consumer. So now the two largest sporting goods retailers no longer have to compete with each other......that's the way it will go. Oh well....

Uuuuhhhggg!!!! I really dread this.:C

Here...

A Cabela's on the north and east ends of the metro area, and a Bass Pro on the east/central end.

A couple of Sportsmen's Warehouses and a couple of Gander Mountains mixed inbetween... of which one of the Gander's just recently closed down. BP also closed down its exotics (nice and pricey) gun room. Bummer... guess they had to finance this purchase somehow. Ha Ha..

A Scheel's opening a little farther out of town.

That's a boat load of outdoor gear to be selling to keep them all thriving. I just don't see it happening.... I'll be using my hundreds in Cabela's store credit ASAP.!!

CG

I never liked Bass pro. Zero help whatsoever in the store. Nobody to help. Just so happen I went in as a mall entrance. They asked me if I want to buy a boat. Seriously ? Clothes just average quality. Outside of that I don't think I ever bought anything. Way overpriced.
Cabelas always had more class and much better quality goods including binoculars.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back