• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hummingbird at grand canyon north rim,USA (1 Viewer)

vernon

I photographed this hummingbird earlier this month from the Bright Angel Trail. I think it may be a Rufous Hummingbird but would be interested in other thoughts.

vernon

Attachments

• hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 116
Vernon Hi,

I've looked at this shot 'every which way'....and.....gave up!

Then I noticed a rufous tint to the crown..looking at the only other candidates CH,BTH and AH, it would appear that they don't have this feature?

Thus I presume that RH has it by a 'head'?

cheers

The Bright Angel Point Trail is a short trail leading from the North Rim lodge to a vantage point looking out over the Bright Angel fault where I assume can be found the similarly named (and much longer!) trail from the south.

Thanks for the replies so far, glad the conclusion is the same as mine.
vernon

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back