• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Rubies are back! (1 Viewer)

aveschapines

Encantada de las avecitas que veo a diario.
FINALLY got my first migrating Ruby-Throated Hummingbird this morning (a female) - 10 days later than last year, so I was getting worried. Glad to see her again!!

Yeah, I haven't seen another one since yesterday morning :-( They were around until mid-late November last couple of years; one lone female stayed until January both years. I'm at a higher elevation than their preferred wintering grounds!

So they are on their way to 'our place'!
Unfortunately, we have moved, although 15 Klm down the road, so I won't 'see my returnee's', but I know others do frequent the garden we are in.

Ruby-throated Hummers are still here in Central Illinois. We'll send them off soon! By the way, we have seen larger numbers this year compared to past years.

Happy Birding!!

OOH can't wait until they get here! I'm still just seeing occasional individuals - had a gorgeous adult male on my feeder a few minutes ago. Hope I get a lot soon! Its fun watching them fight with the locals, all several times their size!

They seem to have left my yard in the last few days, so I'm guessing they've headed south. Like others, I've seen more this year than in previous years.

Bob

Had at least four Ruby throats this morning. They are spending a lot of time perching and catching insects. I've only seen females.

Great! Send them down! The past few days I've only seen an orange-Throated male; I assume the same one each time.

During this past week , my hummer sightings have dropped. Monday-4, Tuesday-3, Wednesday-3, Thursday- 2, Friday-2 , Saturday -1

Last edited:
I'm still just seeing occasional individuals; but if you northerners are seeing fewer surely I'll soon be seeing more!

Migration has been going strong for almost a month here in Southern Arizona. I bet I had 50 or so a day. Yesterday had a dramatic drop, and only saw a couple today. They are definitely heading your way.

The adult male Rubies left here about 3-4 weeks ago. We still have a couple of females and a couple of juvi males.

Incognito:
Incognito.jpg

Saw one Hummer yesterday ,(10/09/12) very early ,barely daybreak.

Have not seen any today. Last year, my last sighting was 10/11/11.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back