• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron Granite 9 x 33 - Service in the UK (1 Viewer)

Olive57

Does anyone have any idea where to get a pair of Celestron Granite 9 x 33 binoculars serviced?

The dealer we bought from at UK Bird Fair in 2013 are not responding and indications are that they "don't do this anymore".
The UK distributor David Hinds directs you to dealers.
The dealer close to where we live won't service them as we did not buy them from them.
Celestron direct you to the distributor. ....who direct to the dealers!

After less than 1 year of use, the dioptre on the right eye piece can no longer focus...and the thread cover has dropped off.
We're not impressed ..shame because the optics are good for the price.

In your position I would contact Celestron direct :

http://www.celestron.com/support/submit-inquiry

They have a 'live chat' function available during office hours.

Their warranty statement reveals a web of exclusions :

http://www.celestron.com/support/warranties.

Be sure to point out to them that their UK distributor could be more helpful and direct them to this thread.

They may find it interesting, and to their advantage to help you.

Good luck.

Best wishes,

I think Hama also distributed Celestron, so make sure where they originated.

However, by law the dealer is responsible, possibly up to 6 years maybe Sale of Goods Act?

Last edited:
I would try to find a real live person at Celestron to talk with. I have used their warranty on telescopes and they did repair the scope, but getting someone who would listen to you was pretty hard.

All that being said, I think it sounds as if there are better options for binoculars for future purchase.

In the EU, generally the dealer is responsible for two years after purchase. Unless there shoud be a special regulation for the UK, it doesn't matter whether he is still "doing this" or not - if the company still exists, they have to take care of your binos. How you actually get them to do so is another question.

The producer's warranty, on the other hand, is completely voluntary, and so the producer can define it as he likes. If you've got a warranty card (you may need it to use the producers warranty), it should state where to send your binos (with my Celestron Trailseekers, Hama UK is supposed to do the service).

On the whole, I'm not satisfied either with the quality of my Celestron Trailseekers. Fortunately I got an exchange by the dealer twice. For details ...
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=280201

Raffale

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back