• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best book advice (1 Viewer)

Brooklynodog

Hi,
I am new to this forum, and although I have enjoyed watching birds for many years, I am considering taking it up more seriously as a hobby. What would be a good book to get for best identification of birds please?

I would say the best bird ID guide out there is there 'Collins Bird Guide 2nd edition'. Its plates/ are the best I have seen and it has many identification tips. It also features all the British and European birds + a few vagrants.
Its certainly the best bird Id book I own, but the shear number of birds featured may be a bit overwhelming at first.
And welcome to Bird forum!

Hi Brooklynodog,

My first choice would be would be the Collins bird guide 2nd edition and if you like photo's have a look at photogrphic guide to BIRDS of Britain & Europe from Chancellor press and a book I find really usefull is Dominic couzens Identifying Birds by behaviour from Collins

Hope this helps your choice.

All the best Nigel

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back