• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scotland in June: where to go? (1 Viewer)

aguila

Hello

I will be in Scotland for one week by the end of june. I will stay for two
days on Mull and Iona and then I will go to Inverness and Moray Firth (Dolphins).

I am with my brother and he wants to see a lot of castles and other stuff so this will not be a birding only trip.

I have never been to Scotland so I do not know much about it. some british
guys I met in Spain recommened Mull.

we will also stay in the highlands between Inverness and Mull.

I am especially interested in all kinds of seabirds, Great Skuas, Merlin, Grouse and White-tailed Eagle.
other interesting birds would be Osprey, Red-throated diver and Golden Eagle.

Can you tell me the best places to go on Mull, in the Highlands and near Inverness ?

where is the best place on Mull to see eagles (white-tailed and if possible golden) ??

any information welcome.
I already checked some information on the web but I is always good to get information from people who have actually been there.

regards

Markus

aguila said:
Hello

I will be in Scotland for one week by the end of june. I will stay for two
days on Mull and Iona and then I will go to Inverness and Moray Firth (Dolphins).

I am with my brother and he wants to see a lot of castles and other stuff so this will not be a birding only trip.

I have never been to Scotland so I do not know much about it. some british
guys I met in Spain recommened Mull.

we will also stay in the highlands between Inverness and Mull.

I am especially interested in all kinds of seabirds, Great Skuas, Merlin, Grouse and White-tailed Eagle.
other interesting birds would be Osprey, Red-throated diver and Golden Eagle.

Can you tell me the best places to go on Mull, in the Highlands and near Inverness ?

where is the best place on Mull to see eagles (white-tailed and if possible golden) ??

any information welcome.
I already checked some information on the web but I is always good to get information from people who have actually been there.

regards

Markus

Hi Markus,

I think all this info has already been well covered on BF, so I recommend trying a search on "Mull "/ "Highlands" etc and think you will find plenty of info.
(Use "advanced search" option, enter "keyword" in titles only.)

John

Last edited:
If you visit Insch Marshes RSPB reserve,you can also take in Ruthven Barracks which is nearbye,which I am sure your brother would enjoy.A good reserve and some interesting history,within a few miles of each other.2 for the price of 1..!

Kilmartin is nice for history, seen Golden eagles at Fort William (flying round Ben Nevis) as said, easiest thing is to do a search.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back