• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma 500mm and Tamron 150-600mm for CANON1200D? (1 Viewer)

himbird

IndianBirdy
All,

Can someone help me in recommending from below telephoto lens(budget) for Canon EOS 1200D / Rebel T5?

As of now I am thinking of following lens:
Sigma 500mm and Tamron 150-600mm.

I got few suggestions from same forum.. Just wanted to explore more on the same.

Thank you once again!
Sudhir

Which Sigma 500mm?
There are now 2 primes and 2 (50 - 500, 150 - 500) or even 4 zooms (adding the 150-600 C and S) in that focal length range, and for the Tamron are 2 version on the market.

UH

Apologies for not being in specific, was referring to following lens:

Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC

Can someone also point me to budget DSLR?

Thank you!

The first lens,is a bit hit and miss in the image quality department.I'd recommend you get a canon 400mm 5.6l & maybe a secondhand canon 7d mark1.

Cheers.

Steve.

If you go for a budget body i would suggest you go for the Sigma 150-600 as it can have its focus fine tuned with a dock,many cheap camera bodies cannot do this.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back