• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Picked up a new 2016 Vortex Diamondback 8x42. (1 Viewer)

NatureLvrCanada

I just purchased the Vortex 2016 Diamondback 8x42. Was looking for a quality binocular with a great warranty and found both with this model and brand. Used it tonight at dusk and the view seems to be bright and sharp with detail. For low to medium price range binoculars, the new 2016 Diamondback 8x42 came out with very high scores in a test by BirdWatching.com. http://www.birdwatching.com/optics/2016_affordable_8x42/review.html

My previous pair was an Alpen Shasta Ridge 8x42. It was a car binocular and something I did not have to ginger in the field. It saw its share of rough handling. Heavy and bulky but was easy to hold steady. Not so good hanging around the neck. The new 2016 Diamondbacks are lighter and less bulky. I kind of like the heft for holding steady. Prior to the Alpen, I had the Celestron Noble 8x42 which were rated highly. But I somehow misplaced it.

I like the Vortex Diamondback enough that I would be surprised if I also bought the Viper. But the Diamondback will more than do. I really like it so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back