• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Premier LXL-Made in Japan or ??? (1 Viewer)

karmantra

I've attempted to contact Nikon if their Premier LXL line is made in Japan or China or ???, but have gotten no response--interested in a pair of 8x32s, either Premier or SE. Where are they made? I hear stories about the 'roller coaster' ride on quality control with China-made optics, and origin of manufacture will have an influence on a decision to buy.

Both models are manufactured in Japan - it says so on the binos themselves. I believe they are designed by Nikon and then manufactured for them by that very large Japanese manufacturer - the name escapes me but it has been mentioned on other posts on Bird Forum.

Blincodave said:
Both models are manufactured in Japan - it says so on the binos themselves. I believe they are designed by Nikon and then manufactured for them by that very large Japanese manufacturer - the name escapes me but it has been mentioned on other posts on Bird Forum.

And the case and the lousy strap are made in China.

Quote: "And the case and the lousy strap are made in China."

I have two Nikon LX binoculars and I think they are world class glasses. I am astounded, however, by Nikon's decision to provide a narrow, unpadded strap for them. They are still excellent binoculars, but I would recommend to anyone interested in these fine binoculars that they immediately spring for a wide, comfortable camera strap to use with with them. I have no opinion regarding the case, though. It's functional but not flashy; I guess you might say it's merely adequate.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back