• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A wet, windy and cold Old Moor (1 Viewer)

intellectual

England
Hello,

On Tuesday looked at the five-day weather forecast for the Barnsley are. For Wednesday it said a sunny day but cold. When we arrived just after midday it was cold and windy, not too long after, the rains came.

The water was high according to the staff.

Never seen so many Cormorants in one place.

This is what I saw:

Wigeon - 76
Ruddy Duck - 3
Reed Bunting - 2
Chaffinch
Coot
Cormorant - 47
Jackdaw
Black-headed Gull
Greenfinch
Redshank - 2
Tree Sparrow
Mute Swan
Pied Wagtail
Yellowhammer - 2
Blue Tit
Teal
Starling
Moorhen
Mallard
Magpie
Lapwing
Canada Geese
Goldfinch
Gadwall
Tufted Duck
C.Crow

It wasn't raining all the time, thankfully.

Intellectual

Quite a list, John - and very typical, i.e. nothing special but enough to make for a pleasant day's birding.

scampo said:
Quite a list, John - and very typical, i.e. nothing special but enough to make for a pleasant day's birding.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was pleasant Steve. The best part of the day was seeeing the new shop and all the improvements. They even have spare parts for a cycle!

Popping into Fairburn Ings Friday for a spot of photography, and birdwatching from the car.

Intellectual

christineredgat said:
Hope the weather has been better for you today.

Hi Christine,

Yes, the weather was far better, bright and cool.

Had intended taking a few snaps and birding from the car.

Parked up, had snacks and drink, did a little spotting from the car, felt sleepy and nodded off for an hour. So decided I was too knackered to do justice to the birds, so went home.

But it is always a pleasure to stop off at Fairburn Ings.

Regards

Intellectual

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back