• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Saratoga Mk. II (1 Viewer)

Sancho

Europe
A pair of these has come up on a local auction site. I can´t find any reviews - does anyone have a pair, and if so, are they any good? I think they´re from the 1980´s.

Hi Sancho, did you get the Saratoga?
Hi Ben, no, I didn´t. They´re still available, but forum rules mean I can´t post a link to the website. They´re available in Northern Ireland. If anyone´s interested, I can PM them (no connection with seller!)

Hi Ben, no, I didn´t. They´re still available, but forum rules mean I can´t post a link to the website. They´re available in Northern Ireland. If anyone´s interested, I can PM them (no connection with seller!)

Hi Sancho, thanks, I was just interested to know if you got them and what you thought of them. I already have 2 Saratoga 8x40s, one I will keep, the other needs alignment, but will sell when I get around to doing it.
Best wishes, Ben

Have a look at my page. The Saratoga MKII is a wide 8x40 with a slightly cool colour rendition and tight eye relief. If the binocular is haze free it will give a spectacularly wide view, not as bright as a modern Porro and soft at the edges.
It also uses lower quality prisms that vignette the view somewhat. I like this binocular very much and recommend it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back