Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Friday 16th June 2017, 13:51   #1
barontan2418

Honey Buzzard or lack of.

With what looks like the demise of Wykeham as a reliable Honey Buzzard view point last season and probably 2017 also, can anybody PM me with what might be a suitable wooded skyline to monitor in the Lake district. I've been viewing HB from Wykeham raptor viewpoint for over 20 years and I'm sad to have had to come to the above conclusion. I've been a member of Birdforum since its conception and my early posts covered six years of monitoring Hen Harriers for what was then English Nature. Just in case anybody doubts my motives. many thanks.

Written by John Denver.

BF Supporter 2007 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 19th June 2017, 10:32   #2
pete seaman

It may be worth trying the road up to Whinlatter visitor centre. Part way up the hill from Braithwaite there is a sizable pull off/car park on the right hand side of the road with good views over the woodland.
Old Monday 19th June 2017, 22:54   #3
Paul125

At least one Honey Buzzard being seen with great regularity from Wykeham Forest Viewpoint so far this year, but not seen/reported everyday, which is not unusual for this species.
Old Wednesday 21st June 2017, 16:02   #4
barontan2418

Honey Buzzards

Thanks for your replies, off to the Lakes later this month for a few day so have hopes of spotting HB.

Written by John Denver.

BF Supporter 2007 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 22nd June 2017, 21:36   #5
pete seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by barontan2418 View Post
Thanks for your replies, off to the Lakes later this month for a few day so have hopes of spotting HB.
I'd be interested to hear how you get on, as we have not got up to Cumbria since earlier in the year
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: