• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Essential Binoculars (1 Viewer)

Hotglove

My 3 year old granddaughter was showing some interest in the Bushnell glasses that live on our kitchen windowsill, so I bought her a pair of her own.
Marketed in the U.K. By Bresser, they are light, easy to focus and cost just over £20.
She immediately began to refer to them as "my essential binoculars"
Initially she just played with them, but last week she was looking at a robin and, for the first time she really got the point.
The excitement in her voice as she said, "Really close" with her face shining, was priceless, and certainly worth 20 quid.

I got my daughter the same 6x21 binoculars under a different brand when she was 3 1/2. I'm not sure if she really has a handle on how to focus yet now that she is 5, but she always grabs for my 8x32 Leicas or 8.5x42 Swarovskis despite having her own.

I got my daughter the same 6x21 binoculars under a different brand when she was 3 1/2. I'm not sure if she really has a handle on how to focus yet now that she is 5, but she always grabs for my 8x32 Leicas or 8.5x42 Swarovskis despite having her own.

Good taste... maybe it's time to upgrade her to Yosemites 6 or 8x30 ;-)

Joachim

That sounds like my daughter. I bought my daughter a pair of Opticron Imagic 8x42 when she was about 12 or 13 and was coming out with me but she stopped using them and demanded use of my Zeiss FLs. I suspect youngsters can tell when an image is clearer, sharper and "better" and prefer the instrument that produces the "better" image without being hindered by brand loyalty or "badge baggage" - perhaps they are more objective than some of us. Expensive to run, mind.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back