• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nigel's Quiz bird 2 (1 Viewer)

nigelblake

don't re member
Here is another, its a bit of a stinker this one as it has its head hidden behind a leaf.
Photographed in the UK...................but beware!!!!

Attachments

• quizbird2.jpg
    quizbird2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 400
I can even recognise the hedge - it is at Flamborough Head, is it not ? (Seen the hedge, but not the bird)

Steve

it's a Tree Sparrow, amazing shot, but it's one of our most beautiful birds the tree sparrow!

Last edited:
I keep trying to improve my Idying,which is pretty pitiful, so I say White crowned Sparrow,but it is so close to the White-throat Sparrow, I wonder what is the absolute part of this bird that would be the tell-tale (tail) marking? then,I started looking at the Clay-coloured Sparrow,then I looked at the chipping sparrow,then I gave UP!

Hi Nigel,
Must get on the net earlier in the day:knew that one,but see that others have already ID'd it as White-throated Sparrow!
Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back