• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (20 Viewers)

Interesting day over the flashes (anyone that knows me knows I very rarely venture to the Flashes): Winchat, Oystercatcher, 5 Avocet Chicks, Avocet, Dunlin, Common Sandpiper, Linnet, Yellow Wagtail, plenty of Gulls - don't ask me what, anything other than a BHG I'm lost, Shellduck, Gadwall, Tufted ducks, Mallard and 6 ducklings, coot, Moorhen, Lapwing.
Unfortunately saw a BHG take an Avocet Chick and a LBBG (I think) take a BHG Chick and have him for dinner :(

Interesting day over the flashes (anyone that knows me knows I very rarely venture to the Flashes): Winchat, Oystercatcher, 5 Avocet Chicks, Avocet, Dunlin, Common Sandpiper, Linnet, Yellow Wagtail, plenty of Gulls - don't ask me what, anything other than a BHG I'm lost, Shellduck, Gadwall, Tufted ducks, Mallard and 6 ducklings, coot, Moorhen, Lapwing.
Unfortunately saw a BHG take an Avocet Chick and a LBBG (I think) take a BHG Chick and have him for dinner :(
The good news is that there are still 6 Avocet chicks. Unfortunately it would appear that the chick taken was a freshly born one.

The left leg had a white plastic ring with the number 64 attached to it, and a gold lookimg metal ring with indecipherable numbers adorned the bird's right leg.

Conversations with Andy Warr and Paul Rhodes have confirmed this is the same colour-ringed Avocet that was present at Clifton Pits on the 18th, 19th and 22nd April. Like me, Andy has also submitted details to the BTO so lets see what comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back