• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New inshore seabirds trips. (1 Viewer)

Paul Penzance

Adrian of Mermaid 11 (www.cornwallboattrips.com) is looking to run short exploratory trips early and late in the day this week, probably 06:00 – 10:00 and 16:00 – 20:00 at £20 starting this Monday (01/09). More details to follow, contact Martin on 07875 295457 for full details and bookings. Probably no chumming but looking to get in amongst the Manxies etc just offshore at present, should be excellent photographic opportunities.

Went out with Adrian today - 1000's of Shearwaters in rafts in Mounts Bay.
He is going out on Thursday the 4th from 4-8pm.

Coming back on the Scillonian tonight there was a stonking juvenile Sabine's Gull in amongst the Mediteranean Gulls just off Penzance harbour!

Mermaid II thursday trip.
Sooty, Balearic & Manx Shearwaters - Sooty obligingly sat on the sea not far from the boat
Bonxies, Common Terns
Puffin
Gannet regurgitating several mackerel when attacked by Herring Gulls
Large numbers of Porpoises
Large pod of Risso's Dolphins with calves - one adult had a blue bag attached to it's dorsal fin

Next trip planned for 4pm next thursday.

I'll be out on the Mermaid II on tuesday - I'll post here if there's any news on thursday's trip but the forecast is for 15-30mph wind.
Lots of Minkie whales around attracted by the vast numbers of mackerel.

I'll be out on the Mermaid II on tuesday - I'll post here if there's any news on thursday's trip but the forecast is for 15-30mph wind.
Lots of Minkie whales around attracted by the vast numbers of mackerel.

Thursday trip has been brought forward to Wednesday 4pm - 8pm.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back