• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Economy tripod (1 Viewer)

Lapwing2011

Hi all

i'm just getting into birding, and have just got a Camlink 20-60x80 scope - maybe not the best but it certainly sees a long way!

however the lightweight tripod i've got simply can't handle it, but being upfront about it i'm a little shy of overdoing the spending on gear at this early point.

so my question is, bearing in mind it's for semi-regular rather than daily use, would something like this do?

http://tinyurl.com/6gmz4ub

if not any recommendations?

Thanks

Many years ago when I was without a tripod & had very little money I purchased a very cheap tripod, about £25, to take on a trip to Israel. It was a complete waste of time & I ended up leaving it in Israel. IMO you get what you pay for, sorry I haven't any recomendations for you but I'm sure you would need to pay £150+ to get something half decent. There's a huge range of good tripods & heads out there & I'm sure you'll get some decent advice. Good luck.

I'm sure you're essentially correct, but having not had a reply for a day or two and thinking i might need it this weekend i ordered it - arrived today and i must say i think it's pretty good.

Admittedly what i had before was really simple and flimsy, and the proof of the pudding will be when i use it in the field, but just the whole design and so on is impressive - though i admit i've nothing really to compare it to. I'm happy for now though - for the money it seems a really good deal

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back