• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MM2 and MM2v2 - difference? (1 Viewer)

badger1962

Would anyone know what differences there are between the original MM2 and the version 2?

I've seen a couple of secondhand version 1 scopes around and am wondering if there's a significant improvement in the version 2.

Many thanks.

Hi Badger,

From what I remember from the MM1, the new MM2 is optically better, smaller and is a lighter unit, which also folds in even smaller when not in use. Although the main important difference is the eyepieces. With the MM2 you can use any eyepiece in the Opticron range (some need adapters) whilst the MM1 had a, compared with todays eyepieces, a basic eyepiece which could not be changed.

Upgrading or choosing a high grade eyepiece at the start with a MM2 will significantly improve your viewing experience with this model.

The version with the fixed eyepiece is the original Mighty Midget, both the MM2 and the MM2v2 have the folding design and allow you to change eyepieces. I cannot remember what the difference between the MM2 and the v2 was but I seem to remember that it had to do with eyepiece compatibility though I could well be wrong."

Thanks postcardcv - I also contacted Opticron who confirmed what you said; apparently the v1 can be fitted with an adaptor to take all the usual Opticron lenses, not just the MM ones.

Ta,

H

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back