• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leupold Golden Ring 8x32 and 10x32s (1 Viewer)

FrankD

I did not yet see it mentioned but I just noticed in the new Spring Cabelas catalog that Leupold is now offering the Golden Ring bins in both the 8x32 and 10x32 configurations. Field of view in the 8x32s was around 410 feet while the 10x32s were around 340 if I remember correctly. I will have to double check those numbers. Prices were around $900.

Edited: Here are the advertised specs:

8x32 419 ft. field of view 5.2 inches high 27.5 ounces

10x32 356 ft. field of view 5.2 inches high 27.5 ounces

Last edited:
Looks good. How are the otics? and how are the Katmai 32s? You compromise a lot in FOV in Katmai, and eye relief is like 10mm.

talon_dfa said:
Leupold Golden Ring 8 X 32 (used once) currently at $511
Leupold Wind River 8 X 32 currently < $40

http://www.binoculars-and-scopes.or...+32&catid=28179,31710&submit=search&advanced=

Those two binoculars are older models. The Golden Ring is not phase coated, and the Wind River is not even fully multicoated. They are both poor performers by current standards.
The new Golden Ring ED 8x32 should be good, if you can live with the giant eyecups and 27 oz. in a binocular of that size.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back