• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My First Hummingbird!!! (1 Viewer)

craftymjw

Greetings, birders! Great news; I saw my first hummingbird at one of my nec-
ter feeders!:t:
I set up 2 necter feeders a couple of weeks ago & waited. This afternoon,
one came flying in! I could'nt see what kind it was because it was behind the
feeder, but I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to seeing more!|8)|

:clap:Well that is just super. I'm hoping to be lucky enough to maybe see one or more this year. Just keep the feeders full and they should keep coming.

That is great. Once they find your feeder they tend to keep coming back.

Congratulations on the Hummers, I was glad to see them back in NC. Only have a pair at the home feeder and a pair at work. Hope more arrive soon. Love these little birds.

Based on the temps and weather I would swear it was March here in Wisconsin.

I saw my first hummer a few days ago. It hit a feeder and kept on going.

My resident hummers are not here yet. I eagerly await their arrival.

That is great. Once they find your feeder they tend to keep coming back.
___

Lisa, could that be the same Trogon I photographed at Garden Canyon two years ago? Just kidding, but when I was there, I didn't have the right equipment for a decent photo.

Now I'm ready to re-visit Sierra Vista and environs, Patagonia Preserve, Beatty's Canyon, Chiricahua. I'd love to go to Portal, which I understand is another fantastic place for hummers.

Dennis

Greetings, birders! Great news; I saw my first hummingbird at one of my nec-
ter feeders!:t:
I set up 2 necter feeders a couple of weeks ago & waited. This afternoon,
one came flying in! I could'nt see what kind it was because it was behind the
feeder, but I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to seeing more!|8)|

Yeah beautiful, but be honest didn't you think it resembled an insect with feathers, albeit beautiful feathers?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back