• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Credit where credits due Daymen (1 Viewer)

Duke Leto

Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that s
Had a slight accident recently. my tripod was collapsed with my gimbal head on, leaning against a unit in the kitchen when I brushed against it and it fell over, hitting the tiled floor, I wasn't pleased to see the gimbal head lying around 6 inches from the tripod. Upon closed inspection the 3/8" stud had broken off the tripod center column platform leaving the 1/4" inner stud showing, the 3/8" was still in the base of the gimbal head the head was unscathed.
Anyhow long story short, contacted the importer www.daymen.co.uk a really pleasant lady "Megan" asked me to send some pictures, a day or 2 later I was sent the replacement part free of charge.
Problem the centre column of my Giottos head appears to be sealed with no way in, speaking to "Mark" at Daymen we realised that my column wasn't the latest version and appears not able to be dismantled, Mark is now speaking to Giottos and will be sending me a replacement as soon as he right part is identified.
At no time has money been requested even after I have requested an invoice, the spare was sent recorded delivery. They offered to send me a complete replacement column FOC but I'm happy for them to try and fix mine first before sending another out.
In the mean time the head is connected via the 1/4" stud and I still have a stainless steel teather between my 500mm lens foot and the tripod head just in case.
I wish all suppliers were as willing to help.
A big thanks to Daymen and thier staff.

Steve

Attachments

• head-broken.jpg
    head-broken.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 112
Hi Steve,
Sorry to hear of your accident, could have been worse.I assume the thread attachment is one of these dual purpose ones, ie the 3/8 slides down over the solid 1/4 one.
Good to see the manufacturers are doing the right thing by you, hope all is resolved soon
regards I4ani

yes it was, at least the head didn't fracture, from the wifes point of view the floor tile remained unscathed too............................
I suppose the system on my benbo is better, turn the center column upside down to alter the thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back