• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

eyepieces for Swaro 80 HD (1 Viewer)

Hi Tektite,

You can't fault the 20-60x Zoom under most conditions an excellent eyepiece very good for digiscoping. Perhaps also the 30x WA is also favoured by some though difficult if the birds are really close!
I heard from a friend at Swarovski that there might be a 20-50x WA designed for digiscoping? shortly forthcoming??

Could be one hell of a combination!

Mark

Thanks Mark for the info. The 20-50 WA sounds interesting if it is produced. Also look ing for the Swaro adapter for 1.25 eyepieces.

Gary

What eyepieces are best for digiscoping with the Swaro 80 HD?

Gary,

It depends on your viewing/photographing ratio and the "reach" you need. The more you need the scope for viewing, the more I would recommend the zoom(s). The 30xSW is one of the best multi-purpose digiscoping eyepieces, but if 1)your camera is able to handle short ER and 2)you can get close to your subjects (which is often difficult ;)), the 20xSW is IMO able to deliver the best images. The 45xSW works also very well for long-range digiscoping ...... uh-huh, so I have ended up recommending every single Swaro eyepiece... that didn't help very much, did it :t:.

I don't think you will find optically better astro-eyepieces than the Swaro... say... 30xSW - and even if you did, they might not come into focus at infinity.

I personally expect a lot from the 25-50x wide zoom
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=121741

Best regards,

Ilkka

I generally take the 30x out with me digiscoping as I find my camera loves the wide angle and eye relief, but it does mean that I am a little bit more restricted when it comes to magnification options. Having said that, last weekend I was out looking for geese in Hungary and eastern Austria and I definitely needed the extra power that the 20-60x gave.

I personally expect a lot from the 25-50x wide zoom

The new 25-50x is a wonder. I think they said it will be out some time next year, but not sure when.

Happy birding
Dale

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back